Tuesday 21 April 2009

A Fairytale For Grownups: "Once Upon a Time There Was a Big Bang!"




R.C. Sproul, talking to Ben Stein about evolution and the movie "Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed."

"When I was talking to [Carl] Sagan about all this, I said, are you telling me that for eternity that all of the universe was compacted into this infinitesimal point of singularity with all energy and mass compressed, in a state of total organisation and stability, for eternity - then one Tuesday afternoon at 3 O'clock - BOOM!! It blows up!

"Now what happened to the Law of Inertia? I asked Sagan that - you tell me that things that are at rest stay at rest until acted upon by what??

"He said, 'I don't want to go there'.

"An outside force! You have to deny your own science to argue that way. You know, it's nuts!"



























































No comments: